All entries are reviewed and any abuse of this service will be removed and cause for banning from this site.
Please contact SARA or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Policies for Listings
- The missing person must have vanished within the United States and Canada. Exceptions may be made for U. S. citizens who disappeared abroad, people who disappeared in a foreign country but who are believed to be in the U. S., or otherwise at the administrator's discretion.
- Each case must be on file with a law enforcement agency, and there must be contact information (i.e. a phone number) available for that agency.
- There must be at least one photograph or drawing of the missing individual available.
- Endangered Missing, Missing, and Non-Family abduction cases will get priority in posting. (See the terms page for our definitions of these.) We also make an effort to post as many runaway and family abduction cases as possible, but at any given time We have a backlog of at least several dozen cases to post, so unfortunately some triage is necessary.
- Runaway cases are more likely to be posted if they are several weeks old, if the child was under the age of 14 at the time of his/her disappearance, if the child was a foster child, if the child is traveling with their own child, if the child has a medical condition which may require treatment, or if there is evidence that the child is in particular danger.
- Family abduction cases are more likely to be posted if they are several weeks old, if there is evidence that the abductor(s) may be a danger to the child, if the child was a foster child, or if the child has a medical condition which may require treatment.
- We am reluctant to post runaway and family abduction cases which are not profiled on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)'s website, because it is difficult to ascertain whether or not such cases have been resolved. There are, however, a few such non-NCMEC cases on this site, and if a request is made we are not likely to refuse it.
- Adoptees looking for their biological parents, friends or relatives you've lost touch with, etc., will not be accepted. There are many other websites for those kinds of listings.
- All submitted cases are reviewd prior to posting. All requests are verified as quickly as possible. If you would like to notify us about your case, you may contact us through our contact page.